Saturday, February 6, 2010

one small change month 2:week 1


i was thinking about this month's challenge while getting ready this morning. earlier this week, i bought myself a 20 piece set of pyrex storage containers (on sale at kohls)this purchase was the highlight of my week! oh the possibilities and less use of plastic wrap and plastic containers.

and then i realized last month was mostly focused on my in home paper use, with growing awareness of my use outside the home. this month, i realized i need to be more conscious not only of grocery bags from retail stores, but packaging of products and perhaps some better bulk buying (eg bringing my own containers for bulk products vs using the bags) this month's challenge is focused more on planning at home to be prepared for our very plastic packaged world.

and it figures, i was at 50% yesterday. i brought my smoothie mug to robeks with me but forgot my shopping bag for the craft store. ugh. one mistake to make the rest of the month better - let's hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment